Knauf Insulation FKD-S Thermal is a compact rock mineral wool slab with stable density speciallly formulated for ETICS (External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems). The product has improved thermal characteristics, a lower value of coefficient of thermal conductivity, which provides better thermal protection of the building.
The product is incombustible (A1 Euroclass), resistant to high temperatures, water-repellent, resistant to aging and chemically neutral. Its dimensions are not changed in case of great temperature variations.
The product is intended for thermal and sound insulation, as well as for fire protection of external walls in ETICS system. FKD-S Thermal slabs enable high vapour permeability of this system. The slabs can be used within a system of thin-layer or thick-layer contact façade.
The insulation slabs are placed on the base wall by gluing with polymercement glue which is applied on the slabs in lines along the perimeter and in spots on the slab surface, and then mechanically fastened as well (6 – 8 anchors/m 2 ). After that, a layer of glue with impressed glass fibre wire mesh and a layer of floating compound are applied on thin-layer facades.
The finishing layer of the façade must be vapour permeable. This system can also be used for the insulation of walls between heated and unheated rooms, as well as for the insulation of horizontal structural members (e.g. insulation of floor structures above unheated rooms).
- Fire protection - Reaction to fire Class A1, incombustible materials
- Heat insulation - Low thermal conductivity coefficient λD=0,036WmK
- Sound insulation - Excellent sound insulation due to dense fibre structure of the material
- Better thermal protection of buildings
- Vapour permeability
- Increased safety in case of fire
- Stability and compactness
- Resistance to aging
- The material meets health safety and environmental requirements
- Simple and quick installation
|Thickness||Length||Width||Pieces per pack||Area per piece|